Full time, Immediate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform layout of graphic design, consisting of photographic, text and abstract illustration as well as computer graphics.
- Create, plan, design and prepare graphic representations to include video special effects and animated computer graphics and photography for a variety of branding and production elements.
- As required by each assignment, may direct and coordinate work for subordinates assigned to the same project.
- Participate with higher level employees in producing more difficult portions of trial charts.
- Study and interpret notes, photographs, sketches, etc., of a complex nature in order to develop trial charts.
- Work out details of final illustrations after idea, medium and color treatment has been determined.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Qualified in such processes as operation of computer graphic equipment including computer retouching software, typography, aided design for drafting and lettering.
- As directed, meet with outside vendors to obtain information and samples of new equipment and technologies relative to the Unit's operations.
- Recommend to supervisor purchase of graphic equipment and products.
- Keep records of time and materials expended on various work projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a US citizen with a valid US passport and possess or obtain/maintain a minimum a SECRET clearance
- Artistic knowledge of high-tech graphic design for both print and video imagery
- Capable of applying principles and practices to conceive, plan and execute any of a variety of kinds of difficult and complex work assignments
- Have knowledge of the capabilities of various art media and reproduction processes to determine which themes and subjects should be illustrated to fulfill the purpose of the illustration
- Think of effective ways to portray complex ideas into visual form
- Utilize an extensive variety of computer art media, state-of-the-art computer systems and software
- Draft and produce graphics for broadcast and for print media.
- Familiarity with software for blending and applying colors, creating images with digital brushes, and digital sculpting.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures of television operations and techniques for insuring compatibility of the finished graphic design with desired reproduction process.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures of preparing graphic products for print media.
- Knowledge of programs sufficient to develop original designs and concepts of visual styles for promotional campaigns that present to a diverse audience the ideas or images desired by leadership that evoke intended responses from the viewers (excitement, concern, pride, etc.).
- Experience in preparing detailed graphic presentations of objects, facts, or ideas requiring the use a variety of art media and good artistic ability.
- One year of experience directly related to the occupation